Not all people who are interested in cameras want something that is very complicated or intricate. Rather, people are often interested in looking for cameras that they will not struggle with.
You can get a point and shoot camera working for your shooting needs in moments. The camera style is designed to be simple and yet easy to use in many situations where you’re looking to get a quality shot off.
A point and shoot camera provides a simple way for people to take shots without being too hard to handle. You can find many great cameras in this style that work quickly and produce outstanding results.
The best part is that you won’t have to spend anywhere near as much on one of these cameras as you might expect, as you can find appealing point and shoot cameras for less than $500.
These cameras are all very different based on the features they have to offer and how you can use them all. Be sure to notice how these all work if you’re going to have a quality camera that you can use for general photography needs without spending more than needed.
Here are the Seven Best Point and Shoot Camera 2019 Under 500
Canon PowerShot – Best Point and Shoot Camera 2019 Under 500
The 1-inch sensor on this Canon PowerShot camera makes it a useful choice. The camera provides a small design with a fast response time. The 4.2x optical zoom feature also helps you with taking images in moments.
The bright aperture also helps you to take in more light at a time without the camera otherwise being hard to use.
You can take continuous shots at 8 fps. This is useful for when you’re shooting fast-moving items and you need help with capturing something you’re interested in.
- You can tilt the display screen when taking pictures at unique angles
- Work with many image settings, including monochrome and landscape shots
- Wi-Fi and NFC support are both included
- The camera weighs about 1.4 pounds
- The LCD screen can be hard to see when there’s a bright glare
Your next choice to see is this Nikon Coolpix camera with a 16-megapixel sensor. The 35mm equivalent focal length helps you capture more things on a screen at a time. An 83x optical zoom feature also brings you closer to the action.
A POI or Points of Interest feature is included on the camera. This works with the built-in GPS feature to help identify many landmarks and other photography targets around your area. The feature helps you with finding new things that you might be interested in taking shots of.
- Adjust the LCD screen for many angle shots
- The built-in Wi-Fi links your camera to many portable devices
- You can adjust the lens opening for high and low-light surroundings
- The sensor is small
- The compression noise is sizeable
The 40x optical zoom on this PowerShot camera gives you a quality shot every time. The 20.3-megapixel sensor also ensures you’ll have a better shot all around.
You can also record videos in a 4K 30p format. The time-lapse mode lets you take multiple images at a time and arrange them into a beautiful video layout.
This all works with a slim design that is easy to use. The camera is 1.57 inches thick and weighs about 10.5 pounds.
- Work with many style settings, including a sepia shot or food mode
- Can take strong images in daylight
- Autofocus operates fast without having to zoom in too much
- Sensitive to water
- The control menu can be tough to work with
Panasonic Lumix FZ80 – Another Best Point and Shoot Camera 2019 Under 500
The Panasonic Lumix FZ80 features a 4K camera support feature that helps you to take quality images in moments. The f2.8-5.9 aperture provides enough room for light to move into the lens, thus giving you a better shot all around.
The 60x long zoom feature provides a better approach to taking shots. You can use the long zoom control to take landscape shots of any place. The powerful low light performance that you can work with is something worth noting as well.
- The physical body comes with a helpful comfort grip
- The post editing feature produces a better body for control
- Does well with bright light shots
- Struggles in low light settings
- Not many selection wheel options
This camera from Olympus provides you with a better body for handling many shots in tough conditions. The camera features a waterproof body that can work in many underwater conditions.
You can use the camera to take low light images without lots of noise getting in the way. You do not need to worry about any annoying glare issues when getting the camera ready to work.
RAW shots can be taken at speeds of up to 20 frames per second. The action tracking sensors on the inside also review how well images are moving and what actions may be taking place. You can use the sensors to find out what is happening on the lens and what needs to be focused on the most.
Wi-Fi connectivity is a key part of this camera to see as well. The link helps you with moving your photos to various devices that are also Wi-Fi supported. The design gives you extra help for many work needs you might have.
- The field sensor comes with a GPS feature
- The 3-inch dot matrix screen gives you a clear look at what’s on the camera
- The camera can handled with a glove for easy traction and use
- The 12-megapixel sensor is weak
- Does not do well with flash
Panasonic Lumix FZ300 – Affordable Point and Shoot Camera 2019 Under 500
The FZ300 from Panasonic is an advanced 4K camera that helps you produce some of the most detailed shots you could ever ask for. The camera uses a design that records images at 30 frames per second.
The 24x zoom also provides a full range of angles for your shots, thus producing a more effective look for images. The splashproof body of the camera is also helpful for producing a good look without creating an unusual images or shots.
A five-axis image stabilizer feature is included. The design prevents blurring effects from being a problem when you’re aiming to take images. You can use a 4K burst feature to help you record images and videos in short periods of time.
This includes taking many images of the same thing in one minute. The quick response provided by the Lumix FZ300 makes it helpful if you are looking for something that you can take quick pictures of.
- The burst shooting feature works quickly
- Create a panorama of many shots through the same screen menu
- In-camera RAW development helps to produce detailed image files for editing use
- The built-in microphone doesn’t pick up stuff too well
- The screen monitor is hard to read depending on the angle you view that image at
Your last option for a digital camera is this Sony model that comes with a 1-inch sensor. The sensor uses a double light sensitivity feature that helps with collecting more light. You can use this in many lighting conditions, thus making it useful for the dark shots. However, this should not work underwater.
The 24-70mm zoom feature is a little lighter than what you would find on other cameras around the same value. But the zoom setup helps you with taking shots and with collecting many things in your work. The lens also has a coating that prevents flares and ghosting from developing due to light reflection-related issues.
The control ring on the top part is something worth noting. The ring provides many setups for use and adds a unique design that gives you extra control over the shots you want to take.
- The Wi-Fi connection provides a powerful look
- The battery lasts for nearly a hundred shots on average
- Works with high-capacity memory cards
- No grip included on the camera
- Any memory card you want to use should be formatted before use
Find the Best Point and Shoot Camera 2019 Under 500?
All of the cameras you’ve read about here should be reviewed well. These are different in many ways based on what they can do and how well you can use these cameras. The things that are included here will be interesting for all people to look at, but people should consider how well different things may work in many forms.
You have many choices to work with when finding the best point and shoot camera for under $500. Be sure to look well to find something that fits the unique needs you have. You will discover when getting a quality camera just how fun it can be for you to produce intriguing shots. The fact that you don’t have to spend as much as you might expect helps too.